Friday, March 6, 2009

the witness

My liver is a bit out of whack and my 3rd chemo session has been pushed back a week. I know this is for the best but it just sucks to have to add another week onto this. Working from home this morning in my sweats (dont' tell me boss) and there is a knock on the door. I answer and there is a man standing there in a nice suit, I assume he is a politician, wrong. He asks me the most loaded question I have received as of yet. "Do you believe this as the way God intended our life to be?" oooh boy. I am not sure if he saw the bags under my eyes or the fact that I am clearly bald. I of course answered, I hope not! But I do'nt think he caught my drift. He then went on to read part of the bible to me and then said that if I ever needed someone to teach me about the bible or to explain what life after death would be like he and his wife are tutors. My front door held me upright. Thank you sir. I wasn't sure what it was like to face my own mortality. But if you and your wife would ever like to know what its like to have cancer, I can tutor you.

No comments:

Post a Comment